It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Healer app
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

Curie wrote:
- He has *NO* real raiding experience to speak of. None whatsoever in years of playing.

He's done at least some heroic raiding in the past, it was a fair few years ago but heroic experience is heroic experience. It'd be nice to see a log or two but you can see he can put out pure healing numbers just from his screenshot. Call it lousy proof, a shit player without any awareness can't pull numbers like that.
Curie wrote:
- Anyone who plays this game for PvP is suspicious in my book and should get a brain scan.

Fundamentally agree ;) Although it's not too bad if you take it seriously.

Curie wrote:
- Like Sapph, I'm getting tired as fuck of people coming along, getting geared and then fucking off afterwards leaving us in the dirt.

Yeah well, that's just part of raiding, particularly in 10 man. We've dealt with it for years and we'll keep dealing with it, it's stressful but that's the game :<. If he's this committed to leveling and gearing himself, etc. then we should at least check him out. Having said that, so was Jooyeon, although I'm pretty sure she was neither female OR Korean.
Curie wrote:
- Nobody knows him, so yeah we don't lose anything... until he actually starts raiding with us, then if he fucks off we are set back AGAIN. Having some credentials in that regards would do well to reassure me (although Pret and Jaq were actually people we knew...). Him claiming he's trustworthy is self-serving and frankly a bit lame.

People have been pretty critical of Pret in the past but he did get a fair bit of shit in the guild, especially from Kyo. I'm glad he's gone, as he was obviously the weak link in the healing team. Jaq, however, just lives in a country that has a 10 month long summer :<.
Curie wrote:
- He got bored of priest healing, no guarantee he won't be bored of monk healing. Especially since he hasn't tried it at all yet.

This did cross my mind, it'd be interesting to hear what he has to say on the matter. We'll obviously not be gearing him for a while so there's no *real* investment on our part yet (if we do take him).

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:10 pm 

Quote:
This did cross my mind, it'd be interesting to hear what he has to say on the matter. We'll obviously not be gearing him for a while so there's no *real* investment on our part yet (if we do take him).

I do not find priests relatively boring, I just don't like the way they are heading, specially since I played my priest since classic. And I believe and hope a monk will change that for me. Should I however enjoy the guild, and not like my monk I can always consider taking my priest to this place. I'll never 'really' grow tired of playing a priest, I love leap of faith to much. I'm going to miss that spell.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:26 am 

You could always just go holy, I can take care of the discipline part! (Except for twins hc, double disc OP there :? )

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:46 am 
Site Admin

Think we've heard enough feedback to come to a decision. Trial accepted, congrats :) Now hurry up and gear up!